Windsor Law Equity and Diversity Committee presents:
“Through Their Eyes” Stories of Refugee Youth
A film screening followed by a panel presentation and welcome reception hosted by the University of Windsor Faculty of Law (@ Moot Court) next Monday, March 7th from 5 to 8pm.
“Three years in the making, filmmakers JD and Svjetlana Oppen follow refugee youth as they embark on a journey of storytelling through live theatre performance. From inception to realization the filmmakers share this adventure of life and immigration to Canada, as well as the importance of the arts which strongly facilitated the project.”
- Amina Hussein, youth leader and film collaborator
- Geoffrey Lodu, youth leader and film collaborator
- JD Oppen, Director and co-writer
- Cassandra Richardson, Executive Producer; Youth Programs and Services Manager at Windsor Women Working With Immigrant Women (W5) and its Newcomer Arts Project (NAP)
- Chris Rabideau, Director of “Inside the Burden” (play on which the film was based)
- Hugo Vega, General Manager of Settlement, Integration and Community Services at the YMCA of Western Ontario’s Windsor-Essex Branch
- Shelley Gilbert, Social Worker, Legal Assistance of Windsor
- Erwin Dimitri Selimos, PhD Candidate in the Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminology at the University of Windsor
- Sujith Xavier, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Windsor
If you’re in the Windsor area, and it should be a great event. All are welcome!